MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Set up and drive management of data processes
- Ensure proper data governance and quality across the business as a whole.
- Designing and developing scalable ETL packages from business source systems.
- Implement automated scoring of data using machine learning techniques.
- Utilize knowledge of statistics and modelling to convert data into actionable insights that can be used to improve business.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Manage the implementation of ETL processes via processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated data systems with constant tracking of its performance.
- Application of data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and resultantly building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products to drive improvement to ROI.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- BSc Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field
- MCSE (advantageous)
- 5 years+ database design and management
- 5 years+ as a database administrator or data engineer or data architect
- 1 year + as a data analyst (advantageous)
- Worked in a marketing environment looking at big data (advantageous)
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- 1 years+ managing marketing campaigns driven from data analytics
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- SQL and/or NoSQL database usage (SQL, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, etc.)
- SAS Analytics
- PHP, R, Python, Java
- Good scripting and programming skills (R, C++, Java) (advantageous)
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. (advantageous)
- Knowledge and previous experience within the marketing industry. (advantageous)
PERSONAL QUALITIES: Data-oriented personality
- Data-oriented personality
- Self-driven person who can take initiative with minimal guidance
- Proactive – capable of identifying and initiating change
- Positive and energetic
- Structured and detail orientated but able to work in an unstructured environment
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work within a team or alone
- Focus on implementation and delivery
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
We are looking for a key individual who can head up and drive a very important division in our business. This is our Paid Media division which basically encompasses all spending online which is self managed. This currently entails search engines (google, bing, yahoo), display networks, google gsp, facebook, twitter, linkedin, doubleclick, appnexus but is not limited to these.
This individual needs to be able to do the following:
- manage a team (currently 3 internally, a team of 3 consultants and an international partner)
- drive profits
- monitor the departments costs and revenue and report accurately on it
- drive the department forward and find new channels in order to keep the company at the forefront of the industry
- problem solve
- make decisions
- take accountability
- set up and manage paid search campaigns across different platforms (advantageous)
CONTEXT / PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Manage and grow a team of paid search, seo and social media advertising specialists
- Manage profits and losses daily to optimize
- Make sure internal and external clients are happy
- Make sure all reporting is accurate and on time
- Find latest channels, tools, tricks to grow profits
- Keep the department certified and up to date with all the latest trends, tricks etc.
- Understanding (in depth) of how all the platforms work
- Handle internal and external communication with other departments and clients
- Will be liaising with google, facebook and all other partners that involve paid search or display type advertising
- Will be required to compile reports and liaise with clients with the support of a team
- Will deal closely with the Lead Distribution Team and Account Management team
Skills / knowledge:
- Experience with google advertising gdn (google display network), gsp (gmail sponsored promotions) , google adwords, remarketing, experience with facebook advertising and other paid ad mediums would be a bonus. Google analytics
- worked with 3rd party software/tools for google, programmatic and social (advantageous)
- Ability to handle pressure and stress
- Organized and able to work at a fast pace
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-starter / autonomous
- Stable, calm and collected, easygoing